Monday, June 15, 2009

Along Came a Contest

And intertwined with that contest is a review of Karona Drummond's book, Along Came You, a children's book its publisher, Zonderkidz, says is aimed for kids 4-7. I also know an expectant mother (or two or 5,042) who would find it valuable to read.



Along Came You has a mother telling her young daughter what her life and home and activities were like before her daughter and what they are like now. Two of my favorite are:


"Before you, I traveled light. After you, every outing is a big event."


"Before you, I read books with a thousand pages. After you, I read your favorite book a thousand times."


This is one of those books that will strike the right chord with your child, particularly a daughter who loves to dress up and play with her animals, and you'll find yourself reading and re-reading it. And then reading and re-reading it again. And again. Thankfully, it's written in just the right tone and it's wonderfully illustrated (by Estelle Cooke).


It sells for $15.99. I just saw on Amazon that it's going for $12.47. Barnes & Noble has it for $12.79 and for a member price of $11.51. [Please stop me before I check out all the online sites.]


But one of you can have it for $0. That's right, here's the contest part. You can have the book. I'll send it your way via media mail. And it's yours. How cool is that? Just leave a comment here by the end of the day on June 21. I'll pick a random commenter. You want additional ways to enter? Um, okay, you can tweet about it. Tell me you did in a separate comment, and that'll double your chances.







[I received the book free from Phenix & Phenix Literary Publicists to review and to give away in the contest. Alas, no money exchanged hands. Sigh.]

9 comments:

  1. hi! i'm here. ;-D
    it looks really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great baby gift! Enter me please!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to book blogging! I have been doing it for the last three years!

    everything distils into reading is my book blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this looks like a fabulous book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like an interesting book and probably one that my granddaughter might actually enjoy too. Provided we could get her to forgo the continual "why?" questions at every paragraph! LOL
    Put my name in the hat too, please.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm trying to be honest about what's changed since my kids came along...and, at least in the last few months, I can say, "Before you, I didn't drink on a nightly basis."

    I'd like to see that one illustrated.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Before you I didn't know what love was...and I couldn't have touched vomit with bare hands either :-D

    ReplyDelete